Getting Started with Argos
Argos is a powerful visual testing tool that allows developers to easily compare screenshots and detect visual changes in their web applications. With Argos, developers can be notified of visual changes in real-time, directly within GitHub. Follow these simple steps to install and set up Argos on your repository.
Install the Argos GitHub App
To get started with Argos, you'll first need to install the Argos GitHub App. This will allow Argos to read commits, mirror user access, and add pull-request statuses to notify you of any changes.
- Go to the GitHub Marketplace and subscribe to an Argos plan.
- Give Argos access to your desired repositories. It is recommended to only select the repositories that you want to use Argos for.
GitHub Permissions Details
- Contents — used to find a common commit ancestor between branches
- Statuses — used to add statuses to commits
- Pull requests — used to add comments in pull requests
- Actions — used to allow tokenless authentication
Once the Argos GitHub app is successfully installed, the next step is to capture the screenshots for visual comparison. Follow the instructions provided in capture-screenshots to set up your screenshots.