Integrating Argos with GitLab
Leverage the power of Argos by seamlessly integrating it with GitLab.
Advantages of GitLab Integration
- Log in effortlessly via GitLab
- Access to GitLab repositories
- Get Argos feedback on your pull requests.
Connecting a GitLab Repository
By leveraging GitLab's Personal Access Token, Argos communicates via a dedicated GitLab Bot User. This setup ensures direct feedback on your pull requests.
1. Generate a Personal Access Token in GitLab
- Go to GitLab tokens settings.
- Click "Add new token".
- Set an expiration date 12 months ahead (maximum allowed).
- Click "Create personal access token" and then copy the generated token.
2. Configure the Generated Token in Argos
On Argos, navigate to Team Settings > GitLab, enter the generated token and save the changes.
3. Link GitLab Project to Argos
In Argos, go to Team projects, then click on Create a new Project. Select Continue with GitLab, pick your GitLab organization and the desired repository. The new project will appear in your projects list.
Connecting a Argos project to a GitLab Repository
First, ensure the GitLab Personal Access Token has been configured correctly
In Argos, navigate to Project Settings > Connect Git Repository and select the desired GitHub repository for association.